The PS/2 (Personal System/2) port is a 6-pin mini-DIN connector used for connecting keyboards and mouse to a PC compatible computer system. It was developed by IBM. PS/2 is now considered a legacy port, but still PS/2 ports continue to be included on many computer motherboards. Sometimes after the Windows 10 update the connected PS/2 keyboard or mouse connected to your computer no longer work. This is one of the annoying issues with Windows 10 update.
Solve PS/2 keyboard and mouse not working after Windows 10 update:
1. Plug your PS/2 keyboard or mouse in the PS/2 port.
2. Type Regedit in windows search box. and open the Registry Editor.
3. Now navigate to below in the registry editor:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SYSTEM > CurrentControlSet > Services > i8042prt
4. Then right click on “Start” entry and select Modify. it will open the editing field.
4. Change the value to 1 and click OK.
5. Close the Registry Editor and restart your pc. you are done. It will now work in your pc.
i8042prt is the function driver for PS/2-style keyboard and mouse devices for Microsoft Windows 2000 and later system. In some systems after the windows update it will change to value 3. Just change it to 1 and restart your pc.