Best WordPress plugins for 2009 and 2010 (Part 1)
Wordpress is one of the most powerful platform for bloggers.It is flexible and customizable.WordPress Plugins can simplify your life by helping you promote your blog faster, easier, and more efficient.
Author Description:This plugin will generate a special XML sitemap which will help search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo and Ask.com to better index your blog. With such a sitemap, it’s much easier for the crawlers to see the complete structure of your site and retrieve it more efficiently. The plugin supports all kinds of WordPress generated pages as well as custom URLs. Additionally it notifies all major search engines every time you create a post about the new content.
Author Description:Optimizes your WordPress blog for Search Engines (Search Engine Optimization).
* Advanced Canonical URLs
* Fine tune Page Navigational Links
* Built-in API so other plugins/themes can access and extend functionality
* ONLY plugin to provide SEO Integration for WP e-Commerce sites
* Nonce Security
* Support for CMS-style WordPress installations
* Automatically optimizes your titles for search engines
* Generates META tags automatically
* Avoids the typical duplicate content found on WordPress blogs
* For beginners, you don’t even have to look at the options, it works out-of-the-box. Just install.
* For advanced users, you can fine-tune everything
* You can override any title and set any META description and any META keywords you want.
* Backward-Compatibility with many other plugins, like Auto Meta, Ultimate Tag Warrior and others.
Author Description:Help your visitor promote your site! The AddThis Social Bookmarking Widget allows your users to bookmark your site easily with over 250 popular services, and to share it with friends via email. Our button is small, unobtrusive, quick to load and recognized all over the web.
Sign up for a free AddThis.com account to see how your visitors are sharing your content: which services they’re using for sharing, which content is shared the most, and more.
* Configure Options from Admin panel.
* Multi-Form feature that allows you to have many different forms on your site.
* Uses simple inline error messages.
* Reloads form data and warns user if user forgets to fill out a field.
* Validates syntax of E-mail address.
* Can hide subject and message fields for use as a newsletter signup.
* Optional redirect to any URL after message sent.
* Valid coding for HTML, XHTML, Section 508, and WAI Accessibility.
* Setting to hide the CAPTCHA from logged in users and or admins.
* Multi “E-mail to” contact support.
* Auto form fill for logged in users.
* Customizable form field titles.
* Customizable CSS style.
* Optional extra fields of any type: text, textarea, checkbox, radio, select, date.
* Sends E-mail with UTF-8 character encoding for US and International character support.
* I18n language translation support (see FAQ)
* It has very tight security, stops spammer tricks.
* Akismet spam protection support.
* Spam checks E-mail address input from common spammer tactics… prevents spammer forcing to:, cc:, bcc:, newlines, and other E-mail injection attempts to spam the world.
* Makes sure the contact form was posted from your blog domain name only.
* Filters all form inputs from HTML and other nasties.
* E-mail message footer shows blog username(if logged on), Date/Time timestamp, IP address, and user agent (browser version) of user who contacted you.
Captcha Image Support:
* Open-source free PHP CAPTCHA library by http://www.phpcaptcha.org is included (can be disabled in Options)
* Abstract background with multi colored, angled, and transparent text
* Arched lines through text
* Generates audible CAPTCHA files in WAV format
* Refresh button to reload captcha if you cannot read it
5.Announcement and vertical scroll news
Author Description:This plug-in will create a vertical scroll news or Announcement or flash News for your word press site, we can embed this in site sidebar.
Widgets, so you can add pretty much anything.
Easy style-override system.
Expiration date setup.
You can add N number of news; it will scroll one by one at front end (vertical scrolling).
You can arrange the scrolling news order. Also you can customize the scroll direction.
If you want, you can hide the news temporarily.
Now Multilanguage support enabled, so you can add all languages into announcement, to post announcement in other language, simply copy and past the other language content in announcement text area.
New feature expiration date included. in frontend the announcement will display based on expiration date, example the expiration date is 25th Dec 2012 , then the announcement will display upto 24th dec 2012.
Now display announcement in RANDOM ORDER, option available in setting page.